Skip to main content

A Brand New Me

It's 2013 and I am feeling good, no scratch that I am feeling GREAT. It just kills me when a new year comes and people make all these public declarations on how they are going to be cutting off people and becoming a new person, hence the title of my blog. Truth is change is inevitable whether it is for the better or worse.



You see me my transformation didn't start on January 1st, it began in February after a week long mental vacation at the local mental health facility is when I started begin to transform myself from the perception of who I should be into the reality of the person I truly am. It took a while for me to come to the realization that I was holding onto a lot of baggage from the past, grief, guilt, insecurity and when I learned to let it go, I could truly began on my life journey.  This wasn't a quick fix, I had to admit that I needed help and that I couldn't do this by myself, so I sought both mental and spiritual help and although I know there are stigmas around needed help, I believe that there is strength in admitting that you need help and not just because I had to do it. But allowing someone to help me not only unpack so much of my baggage but also having that non biased listening ear.

So, here I am in 2013, loving my life and more importantly falling in love with myself. I did this without having to cut off a single person or change my personality. I just learned to love me more and make myself a priority in my own life, so it really doesn't matter if I am a options in anyone else's. 2013 makes another year for me to become better , wiser, stronger, a year for me to pursue my dreams.

Another year should not bring about a brand new you but it should provide the push for you to become better. So, welcome to 2013 and be the BEST YOU!!

Comments