Skip to main content

How To become a star in your own life

As you all know that I draw inspiration for various places but I am also a fan of Oprah's Life class, if you have never watched I strongly suggest it. I also like to do the work because it helps me with my clients. Today I am going to be sharing with you a tool that you can use to help you become a star in your own life.


1.
Write down the 10 things about yourself that you try to hide from others, and be honest.
2
Dr. Phil wants you to think about the choices you can make to create a positive outcome. What is it that you're doing that's working?
3
What do you need to stop doing that's getting in the way of what you want?
4
What do you need to start doing that will empower you to move forward?
5
Dr. Phil has seven key strategies for attaining your goal. Strategy #1: Express your goal in terms of specific events or behaviors. (Example: My goal is to return to college and earn a degree.) Complete this sentence: I want...
6
Strategy #2: Express your goal in terms that can be measured. (Example: I will take six credit hours at night school or online per semester until my degree is secured.) Complete this sentence: Specifically, that means...
7
Strategy #3: Assign a timeline to your goal. (Example: I will complete six credit hours by next May and earn my degree by the end of the sixth semester.) Complete this sentence: A realistic timeline is...
8
Strategy #4: Choose a goal you can control. (Attending college works here.) Complete this sentence: The circumstances I can control in achieving this goal are...
9
Strategy #5: Plan and program a strategy that will get you to your goal. (Make sure you have the money, time and access. Set up a realistic schedule.) Complete this sentence: The potential obstacles and resources required are...
10
Strategy #6: Define your goal in terms of steps (choosing a school, applying for admission, selecting your courses and so on). Complete this sentence: The necessary steps are...
11
Strategy #7: Create accountability for your progress toward your goal. (Example: My sister will call to check on me once a week.) Complete this sentence: I will create accountability by...
12 
Bonus: We're not finished yet, though. Now write the answer to this important question: How will you feel when you attain your goal?


Read more: http://www.oprah.com/oprahs-lifeclass/Oprahs-Lifeclass-Daily-Life-Work-Be-a-Star-In-Your-Own-Life#ixzz2ZUrlnZ7I

Comments