Skip to main content

Woman 2 Woman Weds.

Q1: My family feels like I am with the wrong guy, but I don't see what they see and I love him but I feel like I am trapped living two lives one with my family and one with my man, any suggestions?

There comes a time in our lives when we have to move out the family that was given to us and create our own. Let me break it down for you, your family's position on your boyfriend is based on what you tell them and what they may observe but it is not the whole of who is. You are torn because you feel like you have to give up one for the other and that;s not true, you can have both. Your family loves you and that love will never change but it is time for you to grow up and take possession of your own life. Tell your family that you want to be with this guy and if he is bad for you then you have to pick up them pieces and if they really love you, they will be right there for you whether it's heartache or happily ever after.


Q2: How do you balance family, career, friends, I mean I feel like I am either giving more time to one and neglecting the other or vice versa?

There is no magic formula just a lot of communication and sacrifice. I have learned that selective scheduling is a must. I try to make sure that I make important family events and I make it mandatory even if it means cancelling or rearranging something else. But the key is to be strong in your decisions, for example if your father's birthday party is Saturday but you were invited to an important wine tasting with some investors respectfully decline or send a stand in but you have start early creating boundaries. For me, it is my family because they are my backbone and you just have to find yours. 


Q3: I have had the same friends from high school and that's cool but I want so much out of my life and they are just content with  doing the same shit we did in high school. I mean there has to be more to life then chasing dudes, working to get by and clubbing but I don't want to offend or loose my friends?

Tell them just like you told me, you never know maybe they want more but scared of loosing friends like you are. But you have to be honest with them and yourself. We are not growing if we do not spread our wings and unfortunately that does mean leaving a few people behind. It doesn't mean that you turn your back on them but it just means that you live your life and become the best version of yourself.


As always I had an awesome time answering your questions and I will be back next week email me your questions at truerevelationscoaching@outlook.com

Comments