Skip to main content

All That I Got





I have been on this song by K. Michelle for the last two weeks and it’s not the best song I have ever heard but it’s something in that lyrics that has this pull on my heart because if you have ever been a relationship then you may know how it feels to give someone your all and get nothing back in return but this song talks about just that.

In this song, she starts off by saying “I’ll give you this dance and I’ll give you hope. I’ll sing you a song it’s something I wrote, I’ll trace you ink and connect all the dots. It’s not much but it’s all that I got.” I believe that in the world that we live in now we often confused love with materialistic values but this song speaks on the true value of love. So, this is what I want to share with you today. I have 3 tips on giving all that you got in a relationship whether it be romantic or platonic these items will help strengthen it and it does not cost you any money but it will cost all that you got.


1.       Spending “Real” Time
a.       It may seem really simple but in the society that we live where everything is fast paced, spending real time with people is something of the past. I know you are wondering what I means about real time. I mean going out, no phones, no scheduled event, no time frame. Just be present with that person
2.       Listen for understanding not to defend
a.       Yall already know I am firm believer in communication. But the way we choose to communicate can be ineffective. Most of us only listen to refute what is being said or to defend our contribution to the situation. But instead we should be listen to understand where the person is coming from and how to create the best solutions together.
3.       Tear down the walls
a.       We were not created to be hard and heartless. I can’t promise you rainbows and gumdrops but I can tell you that even the most painful experiences can be learning experience


As always I wish you all the best but if you need additional help in your life then feel free to set up an appointment with me at thecoachdestiny@gmail.com or truerevelationscoaching@gmail.com

Comments