Skip to main content

LOVE WITHOUT LIMITS OR NAH ??


It's been a long time since I actually set down and wanted to write, not that I didn't have a lot to write about but because I have been so busy with trying to get this event we call "life" eight that I haven't had to time to really unpack all the thoughts in my mind. But I am BACK ..

.

So, if you know me or if you have read my blogs then you can see that I really try to be a good person and not that being a good person is a hard thing to do but in a society where you are more often judged then elevated at times treating others how you want to be treated can seem like an impossible task.  I see  a lot of social status about, treating people how they treat you and being cold to people and I actually found myself heading down that path. When I love regardless is it's a friendship,intimate, or family, I LOVE without conditions giving myself and all that I am to that person regardless of how they may reciprocate it but I would be lieing if I said that , loving without condition can lead you into some very painful situations.

This is where I am today, STUCK because my heart has been abused,used and broken so many times and it's like I can never get enough, I don't know if I am loving the wrong people or if I am giving them to much credit. I do not believe that people will ever love you the way that you want them too because our ideas of love is made up in our head and no person can live up to them expectations.

So, for awhile I began to treat other people the way they treated me and to be honest it didn't work for me because  I felt like something was missing, like I was being honest with them or myself. But the pain , oh the pain of giving second chances, the fear of being hurt or rejected and the disappointment that come inevitable with loving people. I just did want to be a doormat but I also didn't want to be cold.

So, I have been battling with this for the last couple of months, so between that , moving into a new place, new job and still trying to get my own business off the ground, lets just say I have been overwhelmed but I have also been half alive and I come to realization today that I cant do that anymore. So, I have decided to LOVE SMART which means that I will still love without limits but instead of just giving my all to everyone, I will let each person set the LOVE limits for themselves, I will never give my all to anyone because that leaves nothing for myself but I will continue to love without limits.

I know that I am not the only person who battles with the level of LOVE you give by the LOVE you receive and sometimes it could hurt because we all want to be loved. My advice to you is to guard your heart but do not be cold, love people for who they are but never expect them to love you like you love them. Be true to yourself and if hurts to much to hold on then let it go but don't allow the hurt to paralyze or poisoned by the pain,


Comments