Skip to main content

You Can't A Raise Man

You should have already known that I was coming after this one but do not get it twisted, this is not going to male  basing post but I would not be me if I didn't put my personal spin on this. I love this song, and although I agree with K. Michele you can't raise any grown person whether it be male or female but I do believe that with communication, patience and love that you can't help them grow.

You know I have to use my own life as an example, me and my boo, have know each other going on  15 years which is the equivalent to more than half our lives, we have seen each other through some tough times, we grew up and three years ago we grew apart but not we are back together and the relationship is better because we both understand not only where we are in life but where want to be. What I didn't understand three years ago is that  I was trying to raise a man instead of letting him come into his own manhood.

You see sometimes as women and some men, we are already on our own trajectory we know exactly what we want and who we want to be with and we at times tries to impose that on other people, we try to raise them to mirror us which strips them of their own individuality and hence turns them into our children instead of out companions. It took me about two years to realize what I had done, I had made someone that I love dependent upon me and after while even children want to spread their wings. Although, there were a lot of other issues just from going from children in love to grownups in life but me trying to raise him into the man that I wanted him to be, backfired and left me alone. That is why I also feel that no one will ever love you the way you feel or want to be loved but that doesn't mean that the love is not real.
 
Also another part of the song that I disagree with, never blame the parents they do their best ultimately GOD gave us all free will  the way we choose to live our lives is completely to our discretion.

Now, what I am not saying is stay in a relationship with someone who is not ready to be in one for the sake of not being along. What I am saying is take  off the lust fill and rose colored glasses long enough to see that person for who they truly are. Communicate with them because they maybe stuck in a rut, or had a childhood experience that they just haven't let go. Be patient and understanding if it's something that they need to work through  and love them for who they are. Some people will never be the people you feel they should be that doesn't mean that they aren't grown up. Me for example, I follow my heart even after it's been crushed into pieces that doesn't mean that I have a juvenile take on life because I also work my butt off tirelessly to make my reality mirror my dreams. I might not be your ideal of grown woman but yet I am grown indeed.

Ultimately they choice is always your but if you need help or coaching contact me at coachdestiny@truerevelationcoaching.com www.truerevelationscoaching.cm




Comments