Skip to main content

Clean it up

It is so weird that when I look at so many people that I encounter that amongst all the other craziness, one thing that I have noticed that we have some where stepped back from taking accountability for our actions. WE have grown accustom to playing the victim card regardless of the situation.  I was raised in a Christian household and if my parents didn’t instill nothing else in I was taught to always hold myself accountable for the decisions that I make because Romans 14:12 states “So then each of us will give an account of himself to God. “  Which really always stuck with me that when it is my time give my curtain call and I have to my one on one with God, he is not going to ask me, Why I did the things that I did or even who I did them with but he will ask of my to account for my own actions.

I am by no means stating that people do not wrong you, that you will walk this life and never be the victim but what I will give you this passage of comfort that my mentor gave me when I was walking around blaming the world for my messiness, Luke 17:3  states “Pay attention to yourselves! If your brother sins, rebuke him, and if he repents, forgive him, “and once I learn the true meaning of that passage I was able to not only let a lot of things go but I was also able to actually sort through the mess of my life and CLEAN IT. So these are a few tips I hope help you

 

1. Truly understand that life will never go exactly how you planned.

a. Everyone claims that they get it but then they get so irate when things don’t go their way. I am not by any means so stop making plans but what I am saying is don’t beat yourself or anyone else up when it doesn’t look how you dreamt it.

2. Sort through your mess

a. I know me personal, one I sorted through my mess I was better able to make the changes that my life needed because I could see where I have made the misstep that led me where I was

3. Send Back to Sender

a. Sometimes some out mess is not even ours and we stress and worry over something that doesn’t even concern us then we do real problems. So, I encourage you to return all messy packages that do not belong to you...back to sender.

4. CLEAN IT UP!!

a. First accept that your life is a mess and needs fixing. Then as painful as it maybe accept that your life is the way you made it. Now let’s clean it up, I choose to rebuild my relationship with God and allow him dominion over my life, I removed all of my toxic relationships and people, then I fell in love with myself. Every day is not good day but every day is full of promise.

 

ACCOUNTABLILTY is the first key to changing your life for the better. We often like to burry our heads in the sand and pretend like if the world lines up correctly then we would be okay but that day will never come. So, embrace the sunlight, fix what’s broken and live the BEST version of your life.

 

Coach Destiny

 

Comments