Skip to main content

Do Not Resuscitate




This has been on my mind for a while so yall know that I would not be me if I didn’t express this. You see I am currently taking courses at Liberty University as I expand my own knowledge and I also get to learn more about the Lord which is a double major for me. But as I build my relationship with God, he often speaks to me.
A week ago I saved a picture quote on my phone that read, “Stop watering things that were never meant to grow in your life”, funny thing is the quote was posted by Bishop TD Jakes. Now if you follow me on any of my social media pages then you would know that I post a lot of inspirational and thought provoking stuff but something about this quote just stuck to me and as I stroll down my time and I notice the turmoil of not only the world with all the violence but people and their individual lives and God spoke so clearly when he told me I had to expound upon this the meaning behind the message.

I see so many people trying to breathe life into a situations that are DEAD.  I know if you look at Proverbs 18:21it says that Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruits.  Then you say well if we have the power of life and death in our tongue then we should be able to speak life into dead situations and they shall live again.  You see when people do this, I call this bending the word to fit your needs. Yes, the power of life and Death does lie in the power of your tongue but if God called a 187 on the situation then there is no need to speak over because it is not meant for you

You see when I speak of resurrecting a dead situation, I am not talking about trying to find a better career path or living a happy life on purpose. I am talking about when we try an repair and revive those broken relationships that cause us pain, or we stay at that job that is literally sucking the life out of us but the pay is good, when try to make someone see how good we are as a person but we secretly don’t even like ourselves. THOSE POSIONOUS SITUATIONS…

Have you ever seen a doctor show on a television when someone crashes and they began to administer CPR, the nurse starts the compressions on their chest, she crouched over the person, face to face and she is pushing and she pushes until that person either starts breathing on their own or they die? You notice when that nurse finishes CPR she is so drained, tired, sweat dripping from every inch of her body. You see administering CPR is a physically exhausting act.

So, let bring this back to you in your life, that relationship, that job, that friend, that decision that you are adamant on trying to revive. You see Jeremiah 29:11 states For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare[a] and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

So, God already knows what he has planned for you, he know the GREATNESS that is inside of you because he put it there but you are so Stubborn , so attached to your flesh that you want things your way. So, here you go crouched over this dead situation, giving it your all. That you do not even see the blessings that are walking right behind you. You are pressing to stay at a job  and God has a career waiting for you, you are pressing to hold on to your baby daddy/momma when God has a husband or wife waiting  for you, You are pressing to hold on the mediocrity when God has GREATNESS waiting for you.
So, I say to you all stop trying to give CPR to something God has put DNR on. Proverbs 3:5 states Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding. God has not brought you all this way to leave you now, so stand up and wipe sweat off your brow and walk with him.




Comments