Skip to main content

Man in the mirror

I honor of  the life  and legacy of  Micheal Jackson I have dedicated this post to him. I absolutely love this song but for a long time it took me a long time to truly understand what he was trying to say with this song. But once I got I got it and I ran with it, So, let me break it down to you . In this song , Micheal is saying that in order to change the world, make things better in life and the lives of others we first must love ourselves.

WE CANNOT BECOME WHO WE ARE DESTINED TO BE IF WE ARE AFRAID TO FACE THE PERSON IN THE MIRROR,  I want to say that the process if easy and that after a few powerful confirmations then you got it but it is not. Some days you wake feeling like the Queen Sheba and other days you will wake up feeling like Sh*t. I am just being honest, I know for myself I constantly battling between the woman that I am and the woman that I want to become, But once I  confronted the person in the mirror it became easier to deal with so many other things in my life.  These a few of my rituals that I used and continue to use to help me deal with who I am ,, I hope it helps you




1. Define who you are

I know it sounds really strange but I believe that every person needs a mission statement in life and that;s what I mean when I say define yourself.  Make a statement of who  you are, what you plan to accomplish and why. After you create this definition you have to write it our, I love to journal so the first page of all of my journal is my personal definition of who Destiny is.

2.  Fix the things that you can and accept the things that you cannot

I know that this is kind of cliche but it holds some truth when you think about it, If you don't like your hair you can change it but what I had to ask myself why do you want to change this about yourself and if the answer is not self affirming meaning you are doing for your own happiness then don't do it. Then accept all the things you have that can not be changed like DNA (that was joke) but I think you understand what I mean.

3. Step out of the shadow of perception

I think so many people get lost in who others think they are that truly forget who they truly want to become. I use to be that person and sometimes I still see me slipping back into that when I find myself sacrificing things that I want to do for other things that I am expected to perception to do.   I battle with this daily but the more and more I remember my definition.

4, Follow your heart

I am not saying to completely disregard common sense or your intellect. But I am saying that dream that you keep dreaming, that idea or project you cant get out of your head to just  go for it even if you fail  you have the experience that alone is worth doing it.

5. Believe in something higher than yourself 

You all know that my faith is God but I will never tell anyone what or who to believe in  but I can testify from personal experience that as I am building my relationship with Christ , life although at times seem overwhelming at times every day is worth living because of my faith.

6, Fall in love with yourself

This has to be one of the most important steps which to fall in love with who you are, your flaws, your strengths and weaknesses because if you love yourself I mean truly love who you are then you will move through life with a confidence and strength that will make you force,


Coach Destiny
coachdestiny@truerevelationscoaching.com

Comments