Skip to main content

Who Can Love You Better



I think one of the hardest things that I had to learn as I began to grow into the woman that I am becoming is to learn how to love myself. I know that for some to hear this its with that you do or your don’t but if you live long enough and endure life then you will understand that sometimes this world can bring you so low that you began to loathe the image looking back at you in the mirror. Not loving one often comes from not truly knowing oneself and the power that is inside you. Self-hatred has nothing to do with looks, body shape or insecurities and everything to do with the love. Not truly loving oneself, what love is and not knowing your higher power.  I really don’t know when I fell out of love with myself but I know how I fell back in love with Destiny and the steps I took to get there.

1.       Let Go of my pain and anxiety
a.       This would be one the hardest things that I had to endure. I mean I had to open wounds that I thought had to heal but I was still carrying the baggage along with me and because I couldn’t let it go, it became a roadblock or brick wall as some may say that I ran into every single time I tried to get ahead in life and not until I destroyed that wall was I able to become the best version of myself.
2.       Reconnected with God
a.       God is LOVE, once I reaccepted God into my life and I began to build my own relationship with him, life just became better. I am not saying everyday was a great day, I mean some would say I was living in a nightmare but the love of God being covered by his grace and mercy made life more bearable.
3.       Fixed everything that I could change
a.       I  had to take a good look at myself and ask myself one question, “what can you fix” and I did just that I fixed my outlook and my attitude, I reenrolled in school, I started my own business  and once I began these things the spark that had started to dim , relit like a raging fire and I have been living my best life ever since
4.       Accepted my flaws and shortcoming
a.       Although I would like to think that I never gave anyone or myself the perception that I was not flawed, I had to learn to accept that at times I need help, that I am not super woman and that it is okay to ask for help, I had to learn to love my wide hips, my scars from surgery and so many other things because those unique characteristics that was consider flaws are actually what makes us unique.
5.       Forgiveness
a.       I knew had fell in love with myself when I no longer had anger in my heart for those who wronged me. When I learn how to forgive others and forgive myself it opened up so much room for love and freedom to just be myself.

As always I hope this helps you in your walk through this life, any questions and comments are welcomes and you can even email me at coachdestiny@truerevealtionscoaching.com

Comments