Skip to main content

How to Live Alone




Would you believe me if I told you that at thirty years old I have never truly lived alone?  I have been in and out of relationship for the last seventeen years of my life? I have a big family that is very close knit?
I have never been alone and to be honest now as I sit down I finally come to the conclusion that although I have always had someone in my life, I have always been lonely. Most people get that confused because I know that I did because I thought being alone and being lonely where the same thing but I was sadly mistaken. As I clung tightly to people and bad relationship I was slowly loosing myself until December 31st 2015.  IF you read my blog then you know that at Watch Night Service 2015 I had a break down but I now see that is something that I needed in order to get to where I needed to be.



I stayed in relationships, clung onto people not because I had a fear of being alone because to be honest the best times I have is when I am by myself but I was scare of being lonely and I have trying to fill that void but what I was doing was throwing myself into a dangerous cycle because you can’t be who you are destined to be if you are looking for your worth and happiness in other people. So, I have been struggling for the last five months trying to deal with my loneliness issues but what I came up with that in order to deal with my fear of being lonely I had to fist deal with my insecurity.
So, as painful as it has been for the last five months I have been learning to live ALONE …

1.       Strip yourself
a.       This is a lot easier said than done but what I have been doing is stripping myself naked in all from my body to my soul. I have been making list of things I don’t like about myself and the things I love myself. I am progressively working on the things that I can fix and learning to accept the things I can
2.       Unpack your bags
a.       WE all have baggage that we have picked up in life and for whatever the reason we have just kept them.  You have to learn the unpack your bags and it will be hard and it may cause pain because you have open up old wounds but the only way to heal is to admit that you were first hurting.
3.       Take out the Trash
a.       After you unpack your bags then you need to take out the trash. All the memories, the drama, the stress in the past and present that is not you or that you have no control over … Let it go because it not comforting you but constricting you which will eventually lead to suffocating you.
4.       Make yourself a PRIORITY
a.       I spent so much of my life catering to other people that I was always put myself second in fear that if I didn’t that I would be seen as selfish and they would leave me. But in doing that I was losing myself. The things that I truly enjoyed doing I put on the back burner.
5.       Reconnect with your spiritual center
a.       I know God loves me and I LOVE him but I also take him for granted and I started to lean to my own understanding instead of letting him be the center of my life, I occupied his space with other people and their problems.  I believe in GOD and I am not pushing my religion on you but having a solid spiritual center helps immensely
6.       Live on PURPOSE
a.       This is the last step which living your best life on purpose becoming unapologetically who you were created to be. It will not be easy but once you are totally okay with LIVING ALONE with yourself then even in the darkest times you will come out the Victor instead of the victim.


Until next time Team … If you have want to reach me email me at thecoachdestiny@gmail.com and to set up your first FREE life coaching session email True Revelations at truerevelationscoaching@gmail.com

Comments