Skip to main content

You are what you hang around... ARE YOU !!




So, for the last couple of days I have been asking my Team, my Queens, and just random folks  about their attitudes on how they feel  about the people they hang around and if those people are a reflection of who you are and even what you believe.
As, a life coach  friendship is an area that I spend a lot of time on  with my clients because rather we like it or not the people whom we allow into our circle does impact the perceptions that people may have on us. But I also want to dig a little deeper because we know that the definition of  friendship is a shared commonality between two people.
So these are few observations that I have made, remember it’s not the gospel 


-          Levels of friendship
o   I have never been one to group my friends in one general category because in my world all my friends are not created equal. I have my “ Turn Up” crew people who I  have a good time with but will never confide in. I also have my “Inner Circle” friends who know my entire life. It’s okay to create levels because not all people are built for everything.
-          Check your reflection
o   When people have a hard time creating or maintaining real friendship, I always ask them to check their reflection because just like bee to honey if a person feels you are unapproachable ot that you’re a fake then they are more likely then not to want to create a real relationship with you. So, always ask yourself “ Am I the friend that I want”.
-          Moral Standards
o   I hold all my friends to a moral standard and certain things in my opinion will end or demote your level relationship. For example, I believe in treating people how you want to be treated thus for if I have friend who are selfish or inherently evil then we will not be friends.
-          Do the Work
o   Another trend that I tend to see with friendships is that people forget that just like a companionship with the woman or man you love, friendship also takes work. You have to build trust, communicate and be honest with one another. Not every day is going to be pizza and pics but real friendships work through things. If you do not want to do the work to keep and builder your friendship, then that is also a clear indicator that maybe you have not put your friends in the proper friendship category.

I could create an entire two-day workshop on friendships alone but the most important things to remember that you while creating new and maintaining old friendship that on even the most miniscule level that the people you hang around are a reflection of who you are.  For instance, when you see me at the bar with a group of friends who a loud, laughing and having a good time then people may assume that I am naturally loud fun loving person which is a true part of my personality. However, you may also see me with a group of my friends talking straight life goals and boss business and assume that I am ambitious boss who is about her business which is also a part of my personality but what you won’t see is with a group of people who are not ambitious, who are depressing, who do not care to better themselves because that is not a part of my personality.

As always if you need to speak with me, set an appointment for your first FREE session then contact me at thecoachdestiny@gmail.com or truerevelationscoaching@gmail.com


Comments