Skip to main content

The "GOOD" in Goodbye

. If you know me personally then you know that I am a die hard Beyonce' fan and not because she's famous or rich but because her music grew up with me and it always speak to where I am or where I was in life. I also love her business mind. But her song "The Best thing I never had"  spoke to my recent situation when I myself had to let go of an relationship that I was in for half my life. There is a particular phrase within that song that has stuck with me  and that " THANK GOD I FOUND THE GOOD IN GOOD BYE".


So, that leads me to this question , we all say the word "good bye" but when you're in a relationship and you're fighting with all that you have to hold on to it, we often can't see the good in letting go. I know that I didn't I thought  that if I prayed hard enough, if I worked hard enough, if I looked good enough, if my sex game was good enough, then maybe he would see what he had right beside him and would become a better man for me. But in all that I didn't change him but I did change myself and it wasn't for the best. You see sometimes we are so caught up in trying to make other people better and trying to get them to see how good we are that we begin to stunt our own growth.

In my case , I was changing myself for a boy who is not ready to grow into and accept his manhood. In your case it may be a friend, companion, co worker or family member that you are truly trying to help but it's not working. What I learned a long time ago but forgot was that sometimes we see people as being at the bottom and we're trying to help them up but as hard as it may be to swallow some people just like being at the bottom, they like playing the victim and they won't budge until they are ready too. So, in your quest to help someone who doesn't want to be helped, you begin to block your own blessings, so instead of you helping them up, they end of pulling you down.

I am not saying that it's going to be easy or it's something that you can do over night. But evaluate your relationships and  trust the signs are there and they've always been , we just been ignoring them. But ask yourself one questions, " Who's life is more important yours or theirs".  Then go to your higher power and meditate on it, then you will have the strength to say "good bye" I'm not going to lie it's going to sting for a little while but day by day as you free yourself from that bondage and begin to find yourself again. It'll get better til eventually, you will be like me and my SHERO Beyonce' and find the "GOOD" in goodbye.

Comments