Skip to main content

The Power of Purpose

When I was two years old, I remember sitting  on my parents bed in our apartment  and telling them that when I grew up I wanted to become a doctor. So,  growing up my parents would get me medical books and all kinds of stuff to help support my dreams. You see I am a dreamer and all I ever wanted to do was to reach out to people, I wanted to help save people I wanted to be  a "super hero".

I didn’t realize it  then but I GOD had placed a calling my life to help others. So, all through school I got the grades and I was all about being academically excellent in order for me to get in to medical school and pursue my dream. Then April 27th 1999, came and my mother died from an asthma attack, asthma the same disease I have been and continue to battle with.  Her death shook the very foundation of my world, she was my mother but in her own unique she was my drive, she kept me focused on my purpose. Somewhere between eighth grade  and ninth grade summer I started to get involved with community service with the American Red Cross. This experienced opened my eyes to a world of possibilities  but because I am stubborn I stuck with my plan to become a doctor. Then a week before spring break of my senior year, I had a really severe asthma attack and I almost died until this day I can replay that entire night in my head. Some may even say it was a near death experience but to me it was a rebirth. The following summer in 2004, I decided to embark on the path of starting my own non profit to reach at risk youth and I even recognized that I was good at.

Then after the back and forth I realized the purpose for my life was to help reach and heal as many people as I could, you see even though I had the profession misconstrued even at two years I understood the power that purpose had on my life. Everyone has a purpose  and when you realize that no matter how off you may be it's never to late to return to that purpose.  The power of your purpose can help you overcome   obstacles and allows you to reach the impossible dreams.

In my situation the power of my purpose and my faith in the man who gave that purpose to me gave me a second chance at life and even though at times I get weary, I get beat, and I even want to give up, the POWER of my PURPOSE is what carries me through those tough times.

So, my challenge to any and every one who reads this, is that you take the time to sit down with whom  your "high power" is and discuss your purpose and the POWER that is possess to change not only your present situation but your entire life.

Comments