Skip to main content

Un Masking Me



I almost cried today tried my hardest to hold them back, I felt my pride shatter today as I came face to face with the facts,  Honesty can be brutal but  in the truth we will find our every need, and truth I couldn’t face  I let the world put a mask on me,

Living for the expectations of others is like playing a no win game, you put in all the work and they get all the fame, like a puppet on stings or better yet a dog on leash being  led around by my fears and insecurities never truly being me, it’s sad when I think about it and all I wanted to was see them happy, I was so jaded by their smiles that I couldn’t even see what was happening

You see I thought I was doing it out all love but they where using me like a tool, I guess the old saying is true at times we all play the fool, I was so afraid to be myself, so scared of what they might say honestly I was just scared of being un love, could they learn to appreciate me once I took the mask away,

Wearing the mask was draining and slowing killing my spirit, the expectations of the world were so loud that GOD was calling me and I couldn’t even hear it, he made  a way for me but I kept choosing my own path, when I think about how many missed opportunities I should get mad but I just laugh, In God I found the strength to address my insecurities, my faith to fight my fear and to stand up for what I believe,

I’ve lost contact with some friends and at times I am alone and it can be a scary place for me, but then I recognize the joy in letting my true self be, we all at times where the mask and it’s just to appease, but I encourage you take the mask off and show yourself to world, Show them what you are truly destined to be,

Comments