Skip to main content

Goin in

I really have been trying to hold my tongue but I wouldn't be me if I didn't bring things to the forefront of people's mind. You see I understand that I live my life by a different code than most and I truly thank GOD for blessing me with parents like Iris Gaines and Vinson Cammack because they instilled me the value of hard work and that my worth can't be measured in currency  because I am PRICELESS.  If you know me then you know that I have been working within the non profit  community for about ten years now and I have been everything from a HIV/AIDS peer educatator to Director of my own non profit "DESTINED TO CREATE PEACE SERVICES". I had accomplished more and lost more by the age of eightteen than most people will in a life time.

But I am still standing, so it baffles me when I hear  and read status updates of young people with no aspirations, no ambiton and even worse older people who do not care about the youth.  Truly, what is the world coming to when you care more about strangers than you do you own family. Tell me ladies what does it mean when you place more value on what's between your legs than what's between your ears0? Tell me Fella's, what does it mean when your care more about getting high than higher leaning?  When did children become a form of currency and not a blessing or symbol of an unbreakable bond? Can somebody please tell me because I wuold truly like to know.

This is just a generalization I am not saying that all people are like this but there is enough like that we need to acknowledge that there is a problem. How many young people have to die? How crowded must the jails become? How many welfare checks must we print? Before we say that's enough? I am better than this , We are  BETTER than this. I am not asking you to STAND with me because I am never afraid to stand by MYSELF.   All I am asking is that you STAND for something period. If you choose not to, then that's your decsion but take ownership of it and stop COMPLAINING.

Comments