Skip to main content

Hey You In The Mirror


Who are you? I know that some people will think that this is a really unintelligent question to ask but I ask you " Who are you?". A huge part of what I do comes from my ability to read a person. My reading from a lot of people in this day and time and when I say that I do include myself and my peers is that we have no idea who we are. Honestly, if you had to describe who you are in one world could you do it and if you could is you’re being honest?

The truth is that a lot of people including myself have to take a while before you can truly define who you are as an individual. For most people it's easy to mimic what you see on TV, Music Videos or even what you see on the streets within your community. You emulate other people and the materialist possessions they might have or the opportunities that they might have been given. You say things like “If that was me, I would be alright", But it's not you and until you come to grips with who you are, all you ever will be is a wanna be.

So, I have social experiment for you, I want anyone who reads this to find the nearest mirror, I want you to take a hard look and tell me what you see, you even email me your findings at destiny@dclifemagazine.com. But I don't want to hear things like cute, tall , short, fat, I want you to look deeper I want you tell me who you see underneath it all. I want you to define who you are. It may take you awhile but once you are able to look in the mirror and truly see yourself looking back only then will you truly be able to live a purposeful life. God does not make one size fits all blessings, so what works for someone else won't work for you but you never find your fit if you don't know who you are.

This experiment works, when I was younger I almost never looked in a mirror, I was insecure and I couldn't stand to look at the girl that was starring back at me because she was a reflection of who I was at that time which someone who was lost but just growing up and learning to accept life for what it is, I know who I am and my purpose for this life, needless to say I wake up every morning and look mirror and say " Hey You in the mirror, you sure do look good today"

I hope this helps someone find there way, pass iton.

Comments