Skip to main content

It's not YOU

Often when things go wrong, I find myself asking myself "Is it me", I use to honestly feel like if a person didn't like me, if someone hurt my feelings, and even if  something happened in a relationship that it must have been something that I had done wrong. You see I know me and I am very passionate person and any and all my realtionship when I love I love HARD and it's not nothing I wouldn't do for you. I recently learned the hard way that you can do everything right and you can still get hurt.
You see I was in a relationship for half of my life and truth be told at one time we were really in love but somewhere between there and here, our goals changed. I know what I want and he doesn't have a clue, I work hard and he is looking for easy street. Never the less, the relationship ended and I was hurt eventhough I knew it was the right thing for all involved it did leave me feeling " Is it me" what did I not do to make this work. You see I felt like this for about a week and then it clicked , " It's not me".  There was nothing that I could to save my relationship, nothing I could do to prevent my mother from dying, nothing I can do to help some one who does not want my help. After awhile, we have to put aside our own selfish needs and realize that "life happens" with or without us and there is nothing that we can do to prevent the inevitable. We can prolong it but eventually whatever is meant to happen is going to happen.
So, when something bad happens and you find yourself, in the mirror trying to figure out what went wrong. STOP, and just accept it, allow yourself to hurt, vent, and then let it go. It has nothing to do with you. You keep living your best life and don't habor no hard feeling towards the person or situation that wronged you. I know that's hard to because even as I write this a part of me wants him to hurt like I hurt but then I realize that it's not worth it. My life is more precious than vengence besides the best way to get back at someone who hurt you is to live  your best life and pray that they live thiers.
Remember that life is going to deal you some hard blows and at times you are going to want to give up but  you have remember, you life is to honr GOD not to honor yourself or anyone else. GOD is a jealous GOD and he wants us to put NO ONE before him. I learned that through all of this. You can't make a person your everything cause the flesh is decietful but when you make GOD your everything regardless of what comes your way it won't even think to say "is it me" cause we're made in the image of the MOST HIGH and he makes no JUNK.
Even after this I am not bitter and still love HARD, I just learned to love smarter. I hope this helps to heal any hurt that you maybe going through or have gone through because it's not you it just was something that had to happen to make you better.
LOVE IT!!



Comments