Skip to main content

Hindrances of Change


I was going through some things and I ran across this piece of paper with a list of hindrances with these biblical verses tied to them which lead me to understand that I got these from sermon while in church and that GOD needed to revisit this list. So, I want to share them with you.

1. Pride: "I don't need to change" (Prov. 16:19)
Most people feel that they do not need to change, they tend to blame the people or situation instead of looking into them selves to see that it's something inside of them that needs to be changed.

2. Fear: "I am afraid to take the risk" (1 John 4:17)
Fear is something that everyone experiences yet everyone is afraid to admit but truth is that it does exist. But TRUST which is FAITH in ACTION can immobilize fear and allow you the opportunity to live out the purpose GOD placed on your life.


3. Rebellion: "I don't want to change" (1 Sam. 15: 22&24)
When I was younger my grandmother told me that some people hit rock bottom and make a home there. They rebel against the purpose that GOD has on their life and therefore sentencing themselves to damnation. It's never to late to turn around.

4. Laziness: "I don't feel like changing" (Prov. 6:9)
We have all experienced them lazy moments in life that we just don't feel like doing anything but when it comes to change being lazy could also be fatal. Change should always motivate you to be better because in order to do better you have to be better even when you don't feel like doing it.

Comments