Skip to main content

Mirrors


When i was younger I hated mirrors, i was so insecure that the last thing i wanted was to look at myself in the mirror. My father use to  do this things whenever he saw or heard downing myself, he would take me to the closest mirror, place me in front of it and ask me " what do you see".

It took me a very very long time to answer that question with encouraging statements.  So, that leads me to ask all of you , " Have you looked in the mirror lately?" Do you like what you see or a you puzzled by your own refection. In a world that is obsessed with what the next person is wearing, what they look like, and how to look like them,  I may even beg to wonder, is it really you looking back at you from the mirror.

So today I think we should clean your mirror


  1. Introduce yourself to yourself
    1. The first you have to do when cleaning the mirror is to get  to know yourself which  may seem easy but some find it almost impossible. But you have to spend some time with just you, separate the reality of who you are from the perception.  Like myself, the reality of me was so hard to find because I had bought into the perception that I believed that what everyone else saw me as was me but living like that will drain the life out of you. So, be you whoever that is and love that person.
  2. Stop listening to the voices
    1. We have so many voices, images, suggestions coming at us every hour of every day that sometimes it's overwhelming to the point that you began to feel in order to get ahead in life that you have to become a mesh of societal standards.  Well, I don’t believe that because the most amazing people in the world never succumbed to societal pressures. So, be uniquely you and silence the critics because there is only one person with the power to judge you and trust me I don’t believe there is " Best Dressed " list in the afterlife.
  3. Accept who you are  Flaws and All
    1. No one is perfect and you will not be the exception, so you now have to learn to accept your flaws. I mean I know that I will never be a size 0 runway model , it is genetically impossible but I learned to love my thickness and my curves. You have to do an complete inventory of yourself and for everything thing you feel is a negative, you need to turn that a "beauty mark" something that is uniquely special about you.
  4. Look Back At It
    1. Now look in the mirror and love that beautiful soul that is looking back at you. You were created as a masterpiece and no one messes with a masterpiece.



If you need helping facing the mirror , Contact me at www.truerevelations.webs.com

Comments